One word – amazing. Easy Care’s Algatec is one of the easiest to use algaecides that we have ever used. It works fast and it works well.
Removes Algae, Not Your Chlorine Levels
Unlike most algaecides on the market, Algatec can be used with or without chlorine. Your common algaecides require you to shock the pool to activate the algaecide, which then uses up the available chlorine in the pool depleting your chlorine level very quickly. If you choose to shock the pool with Algatec they will work together, synergistically, to kill algae and clear your pool.
Treats All Types of Green, Yellow and Black Algae
Algatec treats green algae, yellow algae, and black algae; and is also metal free so you don’t have to worry about any staining occurring. It can be used for both recovery and weekly maintenance.
How Much Algatec Should You Use?
Only in pools with severe algae growth should you use a full bottle of Algatec to kill the algae in your pool.
- Small Growth - Use 1 to 2 cups of Algatec (8 to 16 ounces);
- Medium Growth - use 2 to 4 cups of Algatec (16 to 32 ounces);
- Large Growth - Use 5 to 8 cups of Algatec (40 to 64 ounces);
You can pick up a 64oz bottle from The Pool Boys in League City for $39.99.
How Do You Get Rid of Green Algae?
We recommend using Algatec and do the following:
- Check and clean pool filter first if necessary;
- Check water pH and adjust to 7.2 to 7.8 – if possible;
- Add Algatec at a rate of 32 ounces per 10,000 gallons of pool water;
- Super-chlorinate pool water as per product instructions;
- Operate pool pump continuously during cleanup period;
- After cleanup, check chlorine levels and adjust to maintain normal levels.
How Do You Remove Yellow Algae That Keeps Coming Back?
Algatec recommends you do the following:
- Yellow algae is typically an indication of insufficient chlorine levels in the pool water and likely the presence of too much combined chlorine (chlorine that is no longer working);
- Check free and total chlorine levels – subtract the free level (in ppm’s) from the total level; and if the difference is greater than 25%, you have too much combined chlorine.
- If you have too much combined chlorine, super-chlorine pool water to breakdown combined chlorine and reduce to as near as zero as possible.
- Increase chlorine maintenance levels and/or Algatec dosage to prevent reoccurring yellow algae.
What is the Best Way to Remove and Control Black Algae in Your Pool?
The Pool Boys recommend the following to remove Black Algae:
- Adjust pool water pH to 7.2 to 7.5;
- Adjust chlorine levels to 3.0 ppm or higher;
- Add 4 cups (32 ounces) of Algatec per 20,000 gallons;
- Broadcast dry chlorine over pool water and allow sinking into water near or over the affected area. Be careful with colored finishes as the chlorine may cause discoloration;
- Brush black algae (fungi) with wire brush to help penetrate growth to allow treatments to work more effectively. Brush daily until black growths are eradicated;
- Add 1 cup (8 ounces) of Algatec weekly until black growths are eradicated and under control.
If you are looking for a super simple product that works amazingly well, stop by The Pool Boys in League City and pick up a bottle to keep on hand.
The Pool Boys Algatec Product Page: http://www.thepoolboystx.com/pool-products/pool-chemicals/134-algatec
Manufacturers Website: http://www.mcgrayel.com/algatec.html
Algatec FAQ Sheet: Download Algatec FAQ
Algatec Product Data Sheet: Download Algatec Product Data Sheet
Algatec Safety Data Sheet: Download Algatec Safety Data Sheet