As a family owned and operated small business, The Pool Boys believes the safety of our employees and customers is of the utmost importance. In that regard, we have taken the following steps based on the CDC recommendations for small businesses to prevent the spread of COVID-19.
The Pool Boys support our Local Health Officials and Government Leaders as they work to contain the virus. Through that lens, we will continue to make decisions based on guidance from the CDC as well as our local health departments in League City, Friendswood, Clear Lake, Galveston County, Harris County and Brazoria County as well as the Governor’s office of the State of Texas.
I wanted to personally reach out to you and provide an update on the actions The Pool Boys is taking to help prevent the spread of the virus and support the health and well-being of our customers and employees.
The Pool Boys is a unique Service business, in that we usually don’t come in direct contact with our maintenance customers 90% of the time… we visit your pool, complete our service, and send you before and after pics through our service app. It’s become a very reliable system over the last few years.
Going forward with all Service and Repair Calls, we will continue to make every effort to contact our customers via text, phone or email to estimate and approve jobs, while payment can usually be done by email or phone, just as our monthly customers currently do.
When visiting your home and we require your response to complete the service, we will text or call you first to ask the question. We politely request you don’t come outside and engage the technician unless it’s absolutely necessary. We have instructed our technicians to keep a safe 6 foot social distance from customers during this time as instructed by the CDC.
Pool Maintenance is considered an ‘Essential Business’ in the State of Texas due to the health risk of not properly maintaining your pool. With this in mind, The Pool Boys is working hard to take every precaution we can to continue to provide our customers service during this difficult time.
We have also taken the following steps in an effort to increase safety:
- Our entire office staff will be working remotely from home, so we ask that you call or email us to schedule an appointment before making the trip to The Pool Boys office, even during normal business hours.
- We will not be hosting any team meetings or gatherings inside our office for the near future.
- We will continue to discuss and encourage good hygiene and handwashing, as well as wearing proper PPE when appropriate.
- We will continue to keep our shop clean and sanitary on a daily basis.
- We are requesting our Team not to shake hands with anyone for the time being and maintain a 6 foot social distance.
- We are asking our employees to be mindful of their health during this time, and taking all precautions as needed to keep our customers and employees safe.
With the abrupt changes that continue to happen it remains our goal to keep providing you with excellent service while keeping our employees and customers safe. During this time you may experience a little bit longer response time to your calls, emails, and questions. We appreciate your patience and are here to help during this trying time!
Thank you for your continued business and support!
The Pool Boys