The Pool Boys provide pool pump diagnosis, repair and installation services for several pump models. We are an Authorized Dealer for Hayward and Jandy Pool Pumps. We can offer information to help you make a decision on which style and brand of pump will suit your wants and needs. There has recently been a trend of pool owners switching to Variable Speed Pumps to achieve a quieter pool pump coupled with great energy savings, which equals out to cash savings for you at the end of the day.
Our services apply to all types of inground pool pumps including Single Speed Pumps, Variable Speed Pumps, Booster Pumps, and Water Feature Pumps. We are also an Authorized Dealer of Polaris Booster Pumps and can offer you an additional 1yr manufacturer warranty when purchased from The Pool Boys.*
Pool Pump Diagnosis
Pool pumps are going to come in many different configurations from many different manufacturers. They may be different colors, have different looks, and be smaller or bigger than one another. But what they do have in common is that they all function very similar to one another. They all have two halves to them - a Wet End (often referred to as the housing) and a Dry End (the motor). There are a number of working components inside of the housing that are usually not compatible with different makes and models of pumps. Getting us whatever information you can on your pump will help ensure that we bring the correct pieces to complete the necessary repairs, or provide you with the correct part if making the repair yourself.
- Sounds like it is running but there is no water flowing through the pump.
- Motor won't turn on, just makes a humming sound.
- Motor turns on for anywhere from a few seconds to a few minutes and shuts itself off.
- Motor is tripping the breaker.
- Water leaking from underneath of the pump.
- Water is spraying out from the pump.
- Water is leaking from where the plumbing comes out of the pump.
- Water shoots out of the lid when pump turns off.
Information you can give to us:
- Manufacturer(make), model, & horsepower(HP)
- A good description of the problem you are having
How to find the Manufacturer, model, & hp:
*Limited Time Only. Customer Participation Required.